Waterlase is a safe, gentle alternative to traditional periodontal surgery techniques. Waterlase is a noninvasive laser therapy for the treatment of periodontal disease, and other periodontal treatments.
When patients are candidates for laser therapy, this approach can help patients achieve improved oral health. Other welcomed benefits include less painful treatment without cutting or stitches, less risk of infection, shorter appointment times, and an easy and fast recovery.
Waterlase treatment combines water, air and laser energy for safe use on human tissue in the mouth. Our teeth are partially made up of water and when the laser makes contact with the tooth it excites the water molecules to cut through the tooth. Since the laser continuously sprays out water it keeps the tooth hydrated preventing heat and giving you a virtually pain free experience.
Waterlase allows our team of periodontist to:
- Prepare some cavities without the need for local anesthetic or the dental drill
- Provide immediate relief for cold sores
- Relieve tooth sensitivity caused by to cold foods, drinks, sweets, and brushing
- Treat early-stage periodontal disease as an alternative to surgery
- Perform cosmetic gingival (gum) smile-line recontouring
- Alleviate tooth sensitivity after gum treatment or surgery
- If you’re unhappy with how much your gums show when you smile, surgical lip repositioning could be a life-changing treatment option for you. In many cases of gummy smiles can be addressed by crown lengthening or by correcting the position of teeth. However, some smiles are actually affected by the position of the upper lip rather than tooth or gum shape.
- For patients with excessive gum tissue display due to high upper lip position, lip repositioning is the best option. Simply put, lip repositioning is the lowering of the upper lip. Lip repositioning is a brief surgical procedure that restricts the top lip and positions the lip to reduce the amount of exposed gum tissue. Post-operative symptoms included mild pain and swelling with feeling of tension on the upper lip while smiling.
- You can start enjoying attractive gums and smiling with total confidence when you choose gummy smile correction surgery.